Thursday, October 18, 2007

Not exactly a Honeymoon.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


When I was a young girl, I loved to read mysteries or books in general for a short period of time. I went through a stage of hating to read anything besides a magazine. Television and the computer appealed much more to me than reading. However, working at a library has made me want to read fictional books. The usual romance stories interested me, ones especially by Nicholas Sparks, who is a fantastic author. My friend Bridgette recommended a best selling book called "Honeymoon" by James Patterson. I figuered I'd give a new author a try, since he was very well-known and his books were always being borrowed. This book changed my view of reading completely.

This paperback was a little shy of 400 pages long, with small font. Seems like a lot, but I took two days to read it. I spent six hours on the last night finishing over half of it, that's just how great it was. This particuliar author grabbed my attention so drastically I actually caught mself reading this book at any spare moment I got, even during class! By far my favorite book I have ever read.

It opens with this woman Nora Sinclair, she is a beautiful lady that draws the attention of many men. She becomes engagged to one of her many wealthy boyfriends and suddenly he dies after eating one of her 'famous omlettes.' An investigator named O'Hara has to 'dig up' the boyfriend's grave to see how he died. Somehow both Nora and the investigator are not who they claim to be. Do they fall for eachother? Or do they discover who they really are? Read it and find out!

No comments: