Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Music to my ears.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


The sounds that echo back and forth of loud instruments and strained voices rock the earth. Most elderly people despise the sound of the rock 'n roll guitars and the screaming voices of both men and women. I personally, prefer the music at a mediate level, but when it comes to rock, the volume should be turned up. The rhythm and sounds boil my veins and I get so excited I feel like my soul can dance and jump up and down out of my skeletal body. The talent is seen and heard, but I do declare the talent does not stop at rock 'n roll.

Some R&B artists like Alycia Keyes, Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston have the most extraordinary voices the public has ever heard. They can reach high notes that can not be done by many. Their voices actually give me the goosebumps, that's how amazing they sound. Talent can be found in so many different genres of music.

Rap is not exactly my favorite genre, but it also involves a unique talent. Speaking at a very fast pace, while rhyming and remaining on the same beat as the music is not simple. The outcome and sound is much different from that of R&B or rock 'n roll, but it still involves effort and time.

I sang in the choir for all of my Middle School and High School Careers. It was a true joy to make music with some of my fellow peers. The reaction of the public, the feeling you get when on stage in front of hundreds is indescribable. I'd give anything to go back in time and feel it all over again. I was first soprano, even though I could not sing the highest notes, it was an experience I will keep forever.

Music to me is a mixture of sounds, voices and rhythms no one can copy quite the same. Everyone sounds different when they sing, in a good or bad way. To me it is a true talent to be able to sing, write a song and then combine instruments and the latest sound technologies. Producing a song is hard work, listening to it on the radio, little to no effort. So the next time you hear a song you like, remember all the time put into it; maybe then harsh judgements would be used less frequently.

No comments: